Nereus has been an amazing child lately. His development seems like a wonder in my eyes. He has started talking more, he's more expressive, more hyperactive (how can he do that?), more independent and cuter too. Along with all his new accomplishments, he tends to act like a newborn a few times a day. He breastfeeds for hours and wakes up in the night crying for no aparent reason, to just sleep again after a few minutes. I guess that all this growing thing scares him and he needs the security we provide him to feel well.
Pleasant or not, I love love love every minute I spend with him. He's the best!
Fun facts about Nereus...
* First of all he love dogs. And second of all, when a dog is passing, Nereus pretends that the dog is chasing him and he runs around full of excitement. The dogs usually wonder what's going on.
* He started drawing...omg! I was waiting for this moment for sooo long.
* He sings and dances and awww.
* He descovered the magic of throwing wooden blocks out of the balcony. And sometimes on cars omg!
* He waves good bye and sends kisses all the time. Oh and his sweet little kisses on my face!
* He only wants to eat on our table, standing on the chair. I swear he eats more this way and he makes less mess!
* He has started watching "Cars" for 10 or 15 minutes per day. It all started with his dad. I have never made him watch any movies or tv and I was totally against it. Until I read a very interesting article written by a greek psychologist who I really respect. She was basically saying that there is no evidence that a little time in front of a screen can harm a child who is spending most of his time in other activities. Oh and she was also saying that we have to be careful with introvert kids, but Nereus seems to be an extrovert person even in that age. This thing made me thought. The reason that made me decide to let him watch some youtube videos was when one day that I was really tired and had to wake up at 7am, Philip and Nereus were watching "Cars" and after 10 minutes Nereus, totally relaxed, asked to breastfeed and fell asleep. Seriously, this kid has to fight every single night before he goes to bed and this seemed like magic! I guess he wants something to focus and relax. And I have tried a zillion times to do this with books but with no luck. Yes, I cried.