|Nereus snacking on dried apricots.|
When Nereus started eating solids, he was having only one meal a day. Gradually, as he was becoming a more skilled eater, I started offering food to him more often during the day.
Now, at 15 months, he's having breakfast, lunch, dinner and some healthy snacks in between.
Do you need some ideas for vegan healthy snacks for babies? Here we go!
- Rice cakes/Bread/Rusk (plain or with nut butter and/or fresh fruit spread)
- Yogurt (plain or with added fresh or dried fruits//Nereus usually eats it with a tablespoon of shredded coconut, a tablespoon of flaxseed meal and some raisins)
- Freshly squized juices from veggies and fruits
- Fresh smoothies
- Dried fruits (apricots, dates, raisins, blueberries, cranberries, plums)
- Fresh Fruits (kiwi, pears, apples, melon, watermelon, pineapple, mango, avocado, bananas, cut up grapes, figs)
- Hummus or other bean dip with veggie sticks and pita bread
- Toast with vegan cheese or avocado toast
- Cereal bars